BEST CANADIAN RESUMES
The BEST CANADIAN RESUME SERIES authored by Sharon Graham
is the primary resource guide for professional resume writers across Canada!
For millions of Canadians, the resume plays a critical role in the success or failure of a job search. Make sure your documents stand out from the crowd. Let BEST CANADIAN RESUMES be your key to employment success in today’s competitive market.
BEST CANADIAN RESUMES is a one-of-a-kind resource. It offers resume samples from leading Career strategists. A superb resume is the key to winning that all-important job interview. You will find success between the covers of the BEST CANADIAN RESUMES!
Crafted by Canada’s leading resume writers, this exciting new book offers:
- Step-by-step instructions on developing an outstanding resume
- Cutting-edge ideas for resume content, style, and formatting
- Advice on writing strategically to ensure your resume gets read
- Resumes that get the job done online and in print
BEST CANADIAN RESUMES is written by and for Canadians. It will enable you to:
- Uncover your job search goals and qualifications.
- Market yourself with a unique Value Proposition.
- Employ proven strategies used by professional resume writers.
- Address critical Canadian components such as spelling and grammar.
- Comply with Canadian legislative requirements related to resume writing
- Create a superb resume that will outshine the competition!
BEST CANADIAN RESUMES and BEST CANADIAN COVER LETTERS are authored by Sharon Graham and Published by Career Professionals of Canada.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part 1 — Planning Your Resume
- Clarifying Your Job Search Goal
- Uncovering Your Qualifications
- Understanding Your Target
- Creating Your Value Proposition
Part 2 — Developing Your Resume
- Understanding Resume Structure
- Employing Canadian Spelling and Grammar
- Adding Creative Design Elements
- Writing Strategically
Part 3 — Sample Resumes
- Best Resume Samples — Entry-Level, New Graduate & Trades
- Best Resume Samples — Mid-Level and Management
- Best Resume Samples — Senior-Level and Executive
- 100 Commonly Misspelled Canadian Words
- 300 Action Verbs to Add Impact
- 300 Keywords and Phrases 302
- List of Contributors
- Index of Samples
Make sure your resume stands out from the crowd. Let BEST CANADIAN RESUMES be your key to landing the all-important interview in today’s competitive market.
REVIEWS & ENDORSEMENTS
“This book is one of my favourite resources; chalk full of excellent resumes from top talent professionals from across Canada. Sharon has done a lovely job putting together a uniquely flavoured Canadian resource that teaches job seekers the art of resume creation, showcases current resume trends and formats, and aids professionals in taking their work to the next level. I turn to this book time and again for ideas and inspiration – thank you Sharon!”
Adrienne Tom, Principal Certified Professional Resume Writer, Career Impressions
“Canadian resume book a first of its kind – Like many other job seekers, you’ve likely picked up a book or searched online for resume samples — trying to remember, of course, to change American spellings to Canadian. Finally, there’s a resource that’s distinctively our own: Best Canadian Resumes, a book that illustrates that our resumes are distinguished by much more than just spelling.”
Linda White, Special to Sun Media
“ In 2008, I purchased the first edition of your book, Best Canadian Resumes, which proved to be invaluable and at the same time an eye-opener to the wonderful world of value-based resume writing…I did in fact purchase the latest edition and am grateful for doing so – it is excellent! I thoroughly enjoyed using the 1st Edition and found it an absolute necessity during my job search 2.5 years ago and share the same sentiment toward the latest edition. The job market is always changing (as you know very well!) and it seemed only logical to seek the most up-to-date information …Thank you again!”
Andrea I, Job Seeker
Make sure your resume stands out from the crowd. Let BEST CANADIAN RESUMES be your key resource!
Best Canadian Resumes 3rd Edition | Sharon Graham, Canada’s Career Strategist | Career Professionals of Canada | Softcover 8.5 x 11